Ortofon 2M Red
An improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5 mV and an optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy
A tipped Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire
The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5.5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 22 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1.3 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 700 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Red
- Cartridge weight - 7.2 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight - 20 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length - 52 mm
Replacement stylus unit - 2M Red (interchangeable with 2M Blue and 2M Silver)
Stylus lifetime: with proper care we find that up to 1000 hours is possible without degradation of performance.