Debut PRO Keeps Things PRO-fessional
Pro-Ject Audio Systems have more to add to the Debut series – in fact, let’s call it a ‘statement’, a massive upgrade from our first Pro-Ject Debut Carbon. The relatively recent release of Debut Carbon EVO was beyond successful, but Heinz Lichtenegger’s wheels were still turning. The performance enhancements for EVO were indeed profound, but there was more to strike while the proverbial iron was hot. The ceaseless pursuit for improvement, attention to detail, advancements in research, development, and manufacturing amount to a Debut turntable for the ages.
Our new Debut PRO turntable is a machine that tackles the range of turntables at a retail price $1000 or less. The Debut PRO turntable does so in several meaningful ways.
Borrowed from the audiophile-grade X1 & X2 turntables, Debut PRO implements the tried and true one-piece carbon-fiber-wrapped aluminum armtube. This heightens rigidity and mass allowing it to more effectively control more massive phono cartridges at this effective arm length. The composite carbon-fiber tonearm is also more effective at damping armtube resonance, allowing the signal to pass through unencumbered. PRO features a sophisticated tonearm bearing block made of nickel-plated aluminum.
Here again, we see an exercise in rigidity while maintaining the ultra-smooth lateral motion of this high-end tonearm. The icing is the tonearm collar, yielding the first Debut model to offer adjustment of vertical tracking angle. Azimuth is also readily adjustable. Listeners can fine-tune the full range of cartridge adjustment parameters to optimize the sound quality of most any phono cartridge.
The Record Platter
With TPE damping for resonance control and die-cast for hi-fi precision, the platter is made of aluminum and adds a ridged slot on the bottom side to cleanly enclose the TPE ring. The surface of the platter is gorgeously satin-ized in a way that hasn’t yet been seen on a Pro-Ject machine. The ridged slot plus the TPE itself adds rotational mass to the platter’s periphery, which reduces wow & fluttering while the platter rotates!
The Fit & Finish of the Debut PRO
The satin black finish uses 8 coats hand-painted over MDF – a classy, high-quality job done in-house at the factory in Europe. The brushed metal trimmings for Debut PRO further reinforce a smooth, elegant aesthetic that’s sure to remain timeless. Sustainably made and free of plastic, the high-precision aluminum bearing block, dust cover, RCA inputs, arm-board & collar, counterweight & anti-skate, height-adjustable metal feet, an isolated power supply and adapter, and toggle switch exude quality both in sight and sound.
It’s paired with the Sumiko Rainier phono cartridge, one of the top performers from the phono cartridge manufacturer.
Pair it with a Phono Box preamp, phono stage, or digital amplifier with the included Connect-It E phono cable to ensure solid and dependable analog playback.
Considerations for 78rpm Records
Debut PRO ships with 2 different belts for the belt drive for the electronic speed control. The flat belt is for 33 & 45rpm discs and is installed on the top/smaller diameter of the motor pulley. Our drive principle ensures that electronic speed selection is precise with no speed drift to eliminate wow and flutter.
The round one is for 78rpm records only. It is designed for use with the larger/bottom pulley diameter with the differently shaped slot. Installing the 78rpm belt incorrectly compromises its integrity and may lead to breakage. Additionally, please note that it’s also not advisable to play 78rpm records with the Rainier stylus. Sumiko has developed a 78 stylus for this very reason – now shipping!
- Pre-adjusted Sumiko Rainier cartridge
- 8.6” one-piece carbon/aluminium tonearm
- Precision aluminum platter with TPE damping
- Fully adjustable VTA
- Nickel-plated aluminum bearing block
- Motor suspension with better damping
- Height-adjustable metal feet
- Electronic speed switch
- Precision belt drive with electronic speed control
- 8x coats hand-painted MDF chassis
- Premium semi-symmetrical phono cable
- Gold-plated RCA connectors
- Dustcover included
- Handmade in Europe
- Speed: 33, 45/(78) (electronic speed change)
- Drive principle: belt-drive w/ electronic speed control
- Platter: 300mm, die-cast aluminum platter with TPE damping and felt mat
- Platter bearing: high-precision stainless steel axle in bronze bushing
- Wow & flutter: 33: +/-0.16%; 45: +/-0.14%
- Speed drift: 33: +/-0.40%; 45: +/-0.50%
- Signal to noise: 68dB
- Tonearm: 8.6” one-piece carbon/aluminum tonearm
- Effective arm length/mass: 218.5mm / 10g
- Overhang: 18.5mm
- Included accessories: 15V DC / 0.8A power supply, dustcover, 78rpm round belt, 7‘‘ singles adapter
- Power consumption: 4W / 0W standby
- DIM. (sans cover): 415x113x320mm, 16.63×4.5×12.63″
- Mass/weight (sans cover): 6kg/13.23lbs (net)
- Frequency range: 12-25,000Hz
- Channel separation: 25dB/1kHz
- Output voltage: 5mV
- Recommended load impedance: 47kohms (MM input)
- Compliance/stylus type: 10µm/mN – elliptical
- Recommended tracking force: 20mN
- Weight: 6.5g
Weight 6 kg Dimensions 32 × 41.5 × 11.3 cm