Sharing design and construction features with our Innovation series, the new Innovation Basic Wood turntable features a 38mm-thick, dynamically-balanced POM platter. The optimally designed tri-star chassis minimizes resonance in the audible range while delivering maximum stability. The Ceramic Magnetic Bearing (CMB) and Optical Speed Control (OSC) combine with Clearaudio’s custom high-torque DC motor for excellent speed stability. The Innovation Basic features a second tonearm mount and is available in silver or black aluminum with Natural or Piano Black Lacquer panzerholz wood.
The Innovation Basic Wood is based on the technology of the Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable, but uses a single plinth, smaller plinth as opposed to the stainless steel sub-platter found on the Innovation Wood. Its resonance-optimized chassis shape is based on the proven success of Clearaudio’s three-point design — a combination of Panzerholz, aluminum layers, and aluminum pods. The Innovation Basic Wood uses Clearaudio’s patented CMB (Ceramic Magnetic Bearing) technology, where the platter magnetically levitates on an inverted bearing attached to a low-friction ceramic shaft. The high-torque DC motor is equipped with electronic OSC (Optical Speed Control). The high-density, dynamically balanced 38mm polyoxymethylene (POM) platter provides excellent dimensional stability. The Innovation Basic Wood is dual tonearm capable.
- Construction details: Resonance-optimized chassis shape, belt-driven with self-adjusting speed control, dynamically balanced 70 mm / 2.75" POM platter
- Speed ranges: 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM, convenient electronic controls
- Motor: High-torque DC motor
- Bearing: CMB (Ceramic Magnetic Bearing)
- Platter: CNC-machined POM (polyoxymethylene), 70 mm thickness
- Speed accuracy: less than +- 0.05 %
- Weight: 26 lbs without tonearm and power supply
- Dimensions: 18.86" x 19.09" x 5.55"
- OSC (optical speed control) in real time via infrared sensor, playback with two tonearms possible
- Warranty: 5 years