The Innovation Compact Wood is based on the technology of the Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable, but uses a single plinth as opposed to the stainless steel sub-platter found on the Innovation Wood. Its resonance-optimized chassis shape is based on the proven success of Clearaudio’s three-point design — a combination of Panzerholz, aluminum layers, and aluminum pods. The Innovation Compact Wood uses Clearaudio’s patented CMB (Ceramic Magnetic Bearing) technology, where the platter magnetically levitates on an inverted bearing attached to a low-friction ceramic shaft. The high-torque DC motor is equipped with electronic OSC (Optical Speed Control). The high-density, dynamically balanced 2.75″ polyoxymethylene (POM) platter provides excellent dimensional stability. The Innovation Compact Wood is dual tonearm capable.
- Construction details: Resonance-optimized chassis shape, belt-driven with self-adjusting speed control, dynamically balanced 70mm/2.75in POM platter
- Speed ranges: 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM, convenient electronic controls
- Motor: High-torque DC motor
- Bearing: CMB (Ceramic Magnetic Bearing)
- Platter: CNC-machined POM (polyoxymethylene), 70 mm thickness
- Speed accuracy: less than +- 0.05 %
- Weight: 36lbs without tonearm and power supply
- Dimensions: 18.86" x 19.09" x 5.55"
- OSC (optical speed control) in real time via infrared sensor, playback with two tonearms possible
- Warranty: 5 years