Yamaha is pushing their Hi-Fi engineering ideas to extend into this entry-class network receiver with modern day wireless connectivity and the nostalgia of vinyl with a phono input terminal. The R-N303 is the perfect blend of technology and timeless elegance.
- High sound quality power amp and circuit design, inherited from Yamaha Hi-Fi technology - Equipped with four power transistors low-impedance, shortest circuit design
- Low-noise circuitry design and high-grade parts - Separate analog and digital section blocks - High-grade capacitors and resistors that are also used in high-end components
- High-resolution music playback with 192 kHz/24-bit DAC
- High-quality sound, in-house designed network module
- Enjoy all your favorite modern music sources (network audio, streaming services, Bluetooth, AirPlay, FM radio)
- Compatible with popular music streaming services, including Spotify — and the latest: TIDAL and Deezer
- Digital audio input for TV or Blu-ray Disc player
- Phono input for vinyl playback
- MusicCast compatibility with MusicCast app
- Gapless playback compatibility
- Screw-type speaker terminals
- Simple yet sophisticated design
Engineered for sonic power, the R-N303 is equipped with a high-quality, high-power amp, featuring a single push-pull and discrete configuration that delivers a maximum output of 140 watts/channel (8Ω). Its low-impedance design minimizes the lengths of the audio signal paths, while placing the power supply unit near the amp unit eliminates energy loss and achieves superior drivability for optimum sound reproduction with all kinds of speakers, providing exceptionally dynamic, exciting sound.
Low-Noise Circuitry Design and High-Grade Parts
This receiver features circuitry design that prioritizes sound quality, drawing on the Yamaha Hi-Fi concept, and effectively lowering mutual interference by dividing the analog and digital sections into separate blocks. It utilizes carefully selected quality parts also used in high-end models, which have been thoroughly optimized for superior sound. The result is exceptionally low noise and superior S/N performance, for sound reproduction filled with a sense of spaciousness.
Built for High Resolution
The R-N303 is compatible with high-resolution sound sources: DSD 5.6 MHz native and AIFF, WAV, FLAC 192 kHz/24-bit, as well as Apple Lossless 96 kHz/24-bit. It uses a Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-bit DAC to deliver superior S/N performance. Combined with the Yamaha original network module, the unit thoroughly draws out all the sonic merits of high-resolution sound sources, effectively reproducing even the subtle ambience of concert halls and delicate expressive nuances in the sound.
High-Quality Sound, In-House Designed Network Module
The key device that determines the sound quality of network audio is the Yamaha original network module, which contains a high-precision, low-jitter clock that improves the reproduction of high-resolution sound sources. Pure audio clock generation without an added jitter constituent caused by the clock generator sharply lowers the creation of jitter noise when playing network, USB, and Bluetooth sources, and achieves further S/N improvement. It faithfully distinguishes delicate differences in the sonic characteristics of high-resolution sound.
Enjoy All Music Sources
This network receiver lets you enjoy music from CD players and turntables, and it can play music you have stored on your computer or NAS (network-attached storage). Moreover, with just this single device, you can play music wirelessly from smartphones or tablets using Bluetooth or AirPlay, as well as a variety of music from streaming services and FM/AM radio.
MusicCast Expands Entertainment Possibilities
MusicCast uses your existing wireless network to deliver music and audio enjoyment. It can stream digital music content from your smartphone, PC, or NAS to other MusicCast devices in your home. It can also share the music from external devices such as a CD player or TV connected to the R-N303. Audio content from Bluetooth-connected smartphones or tablets can also be streamed to MusicCast devices in multiple rooms.
Digital Audio Input for TV or Blu-Ray Disc Player
This receiver is equipped for digital audio input with both optical and coaxial terminals. The optical is for receiving audio from a TV, and the coaxial for receiving audio from a Blu-ray Disc player. The audio stays in the digital domain, giving you pure, pristine dynamic sound for all your entertainment sources, from sports and other programs, to movies and concerts.
Tap, swipe, and control with the free MusicCast app. Download the intuitively designed app and seamlessly operate the R-N303 and other MusicCast devices.
- DLNA: Version 1.5
- File format: MP3, WMA, MPEG4, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD
- Wi-Fi: Yes, with Wireless Direct
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (SBC/AAC)
- Minimum RMS output power: 100W + 100W (8 ohms, 40Hz - 20kHz, 0.2% THD)
- Maximum power (8 ohms, 1kHz, 10%, THD): 140W + 140W
- High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 125/150/165/180W
- Frequency response: 0 ± 0.5dB/0 ± 3.0dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio (CD): 100dB (input shorted, 500mV)
- Audio In/Out: 6/1
- Digital input: Yes (Optical/Coaxial)
- Phono input: Yes
- Ethernet: Yes
- Headphone out: Yes
- FM 50dB quieting sensitivity (IHF, 1kHz, 100% Mod., Mono) 3μV (20.8dBf)
- FM signal-to-noise ratio (Mono/Stereo): 65dB/64dB
- Standby power consumption: 0.1W (Network standby on/Wi-Fi connection; 1.8W)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 5 1/2" x 13 3/8"
- Weight: 15.9 lbs.